Before attending the Carolina Nationals I told everyone interested that this was a promising opportunity for record speeds and E.T's. And so it was. Just witnessing Matt Hagan's 3.995 e.t. was worth it all. The weather had turned suddenly cooler; 2 full day's below 62°f and completely overcast the entire qualifying sessions. It did not rise substantially on final's day.
Not only was it a great race, but the NHRA 60th anniversary festivities continued. Legend guests included TV Tommy Ivo, Don "Big Daddy" Garlits, and Darrell Gwynn. I had a great time and hope you have some enjoyment of viewing. I try to include enough images to give the atmosphere of the event~holdit
Do you have a Flickr account?
Logging in allows you (and only you!) to view your private and contact photos, to post comments and fav easily, to access My FlickeFlu for a whole new Flickr experience!
Do you like FlickeFlu? Please add it to your favorite apps here.
Cool, log me in! No, thanks!
NHRA O'Reilly Carolina Nationals 2011a set by holdit.
• NHRA Charlotte 4-Wide Nationals 2013
• Flowers and Plants
• Reflections in nature
• Mushrooms, fungi, lichens and moss
• Birds and Animals
• Tiny creatures
• NHRA Carolina Nationals 2012 zMax Dragway
• Some old cars
• Transistor Radio
• NHRA Charlotte 4-Wide Nationals 2012
• NHRA Southern Nationals 2012, Atlanta (Commerce), GA
• NHRA O'Reilly Carolina Nationals 2011
• NHRA Southern Nationals 2011
• NHRA Charlotte 4-wide 2011
• NHRA Carolina Nationals 2010 zMax dragway
• Trees and shrubs
• Old car junkin' 2011
• Scenes and places
• Sweetwater Creek State Park, GA
• NMRA/NMCA nationals zMax dragstrip, Concord, NC Aug. 2010
• NHRA Southern Nationals 2010
• Graves Mountain, Lincolnton, GA 2010
• NHRA 4Wide Nationals 2010, Concord, NC zMax dragway
• NHRA Carolina Nationals, 2009, zMax Dragway, Concord NC
• NHRA Southern Nationals 2009 Full Throttle series
• Revival of my old DSLR
• Gorge at San Alberto, Bolivia
• Graves Mountain, Lincolnton GA 2008 and 2009
• Long Hunter state park, TN
• Old Cars...Junkin'
• Sweetwater Creek Bridge,
• Trout Lily, Dogtooth Violet
• Something else